Meat DishPrint Pin Rate
For Meat Ingredients:
- 600-750 gr Boneless lamb or beef stew chunks chopped (cut into 2 or 2,5 cm / 1 inch- chunks),
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Normal size onion sliced,
- 1 green pepper chopped,
- 1 Normal size Tomatoes seeds removed and diced,
- 1 Garlic clove sliced,
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- A pinc of salt red flakes pepper and ground pepper to taste,
For Eggplant Ingredients:
- 1 Kg Fresh eggplant (or 1 jar pureed roasted eggplants),
- 2,5 or 3 Cups water with lemon juice of 1 Lemon and 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons mozzarella cheese grated,
- A pinch of salt red flakes pepper and ground black pepper,
- 1- First of all put your all ingredients on the work surface, then, take your lamb stew chunks and cook them with 2 cups of water, while cooking, remove the foam from surface as it forms. When there is little water left, add your sliced onion and garlic. Cook this mixture for about 5-7 minutes on medium low heat. Then, add the green peppers, tomato, tomato paste, salt and ground black pepper. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium low heat. Bye the way, keep an eye on the water during this time, if there is no ne left, add abit water more.
- 2- Then, heat the oven on broil. Before putting eggplants in the oven, prick the skin of the eggplants with a fork, you should make holes on the eggplants with a fork so that it will soften and cook better. Then place on the tray and roast for about 30-35 minutes, or until your eggplants soften. Then, peel your eggplants with a knife and cut off the tops, remove any hard and large pulp inside the eggplants.
- 3- Then, put the water with lemon juice and salt in a large bowl and soak your eggplants in it, so that their colour won't be dark later. Drain and squeeze with your palms after a few minutes.
- 4- After the eggplant process, melt your butter in a large pot, and then add all purpose flour, salt and ground black pepper, keep stirring with a spoon (wooden spoon better) until blended well.
- 5- Then, put in the eggplants and mash with a fork. Slowly pour in the milk and beat with a spoon (wooden spoon better). You should beat the mixture well and make sure thaty there are no big eggplant pieces left. Then, pour in the mozzarella cheese and beat again.
- 6- Then, place the mashed eggplants on a serving dish with the center empty. Then put the lamb in the center and serve dish while still warm.