Chicken stuffedPrint Pin Rate
- 6 Normal size boneless chicken legs (or chicken breasts, it depends on you),
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- P.S: we boiled chicken leg's bones and reserved its juice and used it instead of the hot water
- 6 Tablespoons rice (Per 1 Tablespoon rice for each chicken leg),
- 1 Medium size onion choped,
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mahalep cherry
- 1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Black ground pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pine nuts (nearly 40 gr),
- 1 Tablespoon Blackcurrants (nearly 40 gr),
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Cup hot water or chicken broth (in this recipe, we used chicken broth),
- 2-3 Tablespoons yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 or 3 Tablespoon chicken broth or hot water,
- 3 Medium size potatoes (Chop the potatoes as thin as possible),
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil (For frying),
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your work surface. Remove bones from the chicken legs and flattened them with a mallet or ask your buthcher to make it for you (If you are using chicken breast, flatten it with a mallet before stuffing and rolling it and stick a toothpick into it). Then clean and wash the chicken legs well.
- 2- For marinated chicken legs: mix all the marinate ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes) together in a bowl. Then, add the chicken legs to the bowl and mix all well, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 - 45 minutes. Then, take your marinated chicken legs out of the refrigerator and let them get up to room temperature. Meanwhile, take all chicken bones and put a pot with couple of bay leaves and boil them for about 40-45 minutes. Reserve chicken broth, because you can use it during the cooking process. (It is optional, if you want, you can use hot water instead of it).
- 3- Then, wash and soak the rice (15-20 minutes). In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat the butter and vegetable oil. Add the pine nuts, choped onion and blackcurrant, and saute lightly. Add rice to the pan and stir well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Then, add allspice, mahalep cherry, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt, and stir. Add chicken broth (or boiling water) to the rice mixture, mix well and cook until the water evaporates.
- 4- Now your rice filling is ready and stuff the rice mixture in the chicken. If you are using chicken leg, close it with a toothpick. Or place flattened chicken leg -skin side down- into small glass bowl, then stuff the rice mixture in it and fold in the edges to cover it. Then turn glass bowl down into oven tray. Make same process rest of the chicken legs and put them in a oven tray.
- 5- Then add tomato paste and chicken broth (or hot water) into a plate and mix well. Then, pour the mixture top of the chicken legs. Then take yogurt for brushing over the top of the chicken legs. And brush it up tops.
- 6- Then cook at 250°C (nearly 482°F) for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- 7- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and wash and drain. Then, chop your potatoes to thickness of matchstick or thicker than it. Put a small amount of vegetable oil in a large pan and heat. Then, put the potato into heated oil and cook them until golden brown on both sides.
- 8- Serve hot! We generally Serve chicken stuffed dish with potatoes chips.