Steak DishPrint Pin Rate
For Preparation of Steak:
- 3 or 4 Beef Steaks (it is optional, Fat trimmed or not),
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Normal size onion cut into halves,
- A pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
For Potatoes Puree:
- 6 or 7 Normal size potatoes peeled and cut into 1 cm (1/2-inch) cubes ,
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 or 1 Cup of milk
- 1/4 Cup Kashar cheese cheddar cheese / a pale yellow cheese made of sheep's milk, grated,
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt ground black pepper and red pepper flakes,
For Tomato Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Normal size tomatoes grated,
- 3 or 4 Cloves garlic chopped roughly (or minced),
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt dried thyme flakes ground black pepper and red pepper flakes,
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil (we used oil with which we fried the steaks),
- A cup of hot water
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your work table. For Potatoes Puree: Put the potatoes in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover (3 or more quarts) and then sprinkle the salt. Then, boil potatoes in salted water until soft. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are tender, it takes 12 to 15 minutes. Then drain the potatoes and again put your all potatoes chunks into saucepan and mash them with the blender well. Then add butter, grated cheddar cheese, milk, salt, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes over the mashed potatoes. Combine the butter, cheddar cheese, milk and other ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring, until the butter melted and smooth. Now your potatoes puree is ready. Cover the keep warm.
- 2- For Preparation of Steaks: Meanwhile, season the beef steak leans generously with a pinch of ground black pepper and salt. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Aproximately, cook for three or four minutes each sides of Beef Steak leans (until Steak lens turn to brown). Then set aside. Reserve the oil, because you can use it to tomatoes sauce.
- 3- For Tomatoes Sauce: Pour your grated tomatoes into oil (reserved oil). Then add chopped garlic, tomato paste, salt, dried thyme flakes, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes and mix them well. Then pour the how water onto mixture and stir for a while (2-3 minutes).
- 4- Then, place frying steaks and 2 pieces of onion into pressure cooker (We used onions, because they reduce the smell of meat in the dish). Then pour the tomatoes sauce over the meats. Cook it for about 20-25 minutes.
- 5- Take a wide serving plate. Then place some of the potatoes pure and spread over the plate. Then put a steak over it and drizzle the tomatoes sauce over the steak and potatoes puree. Or Slice the steak and divide among plates along with the mashed potatoes.
- 6- Turkish Rice dish (pilaf) goes well with this dish.