DessertPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 -8
For Dough of Dessert:
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of sunflower oil
- 1 Cup of semolina
- 1 Cup of all porpuse flour
- 1,5 or 2 Teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest (it is optional),
- 1/4 Cup of ground of walnuts (it is optional),
- 1/2 Cup of semolina
For Syrup (Sherbet):
- 2 Cup of Granulated sugar
- 3 Cup of water
- For topping;
- Blanched Almond or Pistachios or Nutmeg powder also you may use ground Pistachios or Ground almond, in this recipe, we used nutmeg powder.
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your work surface. Then, prepare the syrup (sherbet) of desert; boil the 3 cups of sugar with 4 cups of water until mixture turns to thickens. It takes 3-5 minutes. Then, put aside and let it cool down.
- 2- Then, mix sunflower oil, egg, yogurt and semolina in a bowl. Then, add flour slowly and knead at the same time. Then, add baking powder, vanilla, ground walnuts and orange zest . Knead your dough well. Your dough should be soft and it can be abit sticky like cookie dough.
- 3- Then, grase your palms for getting a good shape of dough and then take walnut size pieces of dough and make circle ball shape using your palms. Then, in a bowl put semolina and cover each hira dessert with semolina and place on a grased oven tray. Then. Lightly press on their tops. ( if you want - put on almond or hazelnuts on the center of each of hira dessert - bye the way, we prefered to sprinkle just nutmeg powder when it is served).
- 4- Bake at 180°C (350°F) preheat oven until they are golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes. Then, with a table spoon, pour warm syrup (must not be warmer than the lukewarm) from the side of the hot (freshly) baked semolina cookies (hira dessert). Please do not pour it on top of the cookies; because, semolina cookies would get mushy. Repeat this process a few times and let them soak with the syrup for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- 5- Then, with a spatula remove them from the syrup and place on a service plate.