Hummus-side dishPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Cups Dried Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas),
- 4-5 Tablespoons Sesame seeds paste (Tahini),
- 3 Cloves garlic chopped,
- 1/4 Teaspoon cumin
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 5 Cups of water
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your work table. Then, wash your garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) and place them in a pot and cover with water. Then, leave them in a water overnight or for at least 12-15 hours.
- 2- The next day, place your chickpeas in a pressure cooker or pot, and add water to cover them, and set the heat to low and bring the pot to a boil. Then, drain the chickpeas and rinse, reserve a few of whole chickpeas for serving. Then, we need to peel chickpeas shells so that again place your chickpeas in a pot and add water to cover them and bring the boil one more time (for easy peeling). Then, drain it and rinse and peel all chickpeas's shells. Lastly, place your chickpeas in a pot and add 1,5 cups of water and cook on medium-low heat until all the water evaporates while stirring (it takes 3-5 minutes).
- 3- Then, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt and tahini in a food processor, and blend to creamy puree (if needed, add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste).
- 4- Then, turn out into a dinner plate, and make smooth with the back of spoon. Then, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and scatter with the reserved chickpeas and then sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve with pita bread,