Sour Cherry MarmaladePrint Pin Rate
Servings: 10 people
- 1 Kg Fresh sour cherry pitted, (Normaly; 1 kg sour cherries equals to nearly 650 gr pitted sour cherry),
- 2,5 Cups - 500 gr - Granulated sugar (it depends on your taste, if you want, you can add sugar more than the 500 gr),
- 1/2 Piece of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon of lemon salt (couple of pieces of lemon salt),
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla (nearly 10 gr),
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on the work surface. Secondly, wash your sour cherries and remove their seeds (A toothpick: dip the toothpick in the middle of the stems and carefully rotate it around the core and lift it up, or remove the seeds of the stems individually with the help of a special apparatus, such as cherry pitted. Even you can make this process by an ordinary knife).
- 2- Then, layer pitted sour cherries and sugar in a saucepan overnight (your sour cherries release their juice until morning, if not, add water when cooking).
- 3- The following day (morning) place the sour cherries in a medium size pot and then start cooking mixture of sour cherries and sugar on medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves - melts - (if mixture needs water, add a glass of water and stir). Cook the sour cherry mixture, stirring continuously to avoid boil-overs, for about 50 minutes until the your sour cherries has completely fallen apart. If it foams while boiling, remove it with a spoon. Then take your blender and blend them until they become puree.
- 4- Then add lemon juice, lemon salt and vanilla and stir the mixture for a little while (nearly 8-10 minutes) and then turn the heat off.
- 5- Your sour cherry marmalade is ready, if you do not want to consume it immediately and want to store it for the winter months, put it in a clean glass jar and close the lid while your marmalade is warm. Then close the lid and let it cool. And then, store in a dark and cool place or store in the refrigerator.