Homemade TaratorPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Cup ground walnuts
- 2-3 Cloves garlic minced or crushed,
- 2-4 Slices day-old bread or 2 Tablespoons Breadcrumbs (in this recipe, we used breadcrumbs),
- 2 or 3 Tablespoons lemon juice (or 2 Tablespoons grape vinegar, but lemon juice is better),
- 1/2 or 1 Teaspoon salt ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, thyme, (if you want, you can add other spicies, you like),
- 1/2 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sesame sauce tahini,
- 1- First of all put your all ingredients on your work table. Then, combine all your ingredients in the container of a blender or food processor.
- 2- We mean that; firstly drop walnut into a blender or food processor with its motor running, then drop in garlic and process until finely ground (or if you want, you can add directly ground walnut and minced garlic into a blender). Then add your sesame sauce (tahini), tomato paste and pepper paste in it and mix.
- 3- Then add breadcrumbs (or day-old, soaked then squeezed bread) and lemon juice and process until smooth. With blender or food processor's motor still running, add extra virgin olive oil in a slow, and add salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, thyme in it. Mix all ingredients well. If too thick, thin with water (we don't need it, because we like it as thick).
- 4- Then, transfer it to a bowl and serve.
- 5- We serve this walnut-garlic tarator with toasted bread (grilled sourdough bread is better) in breakfasts. Also, Turkish Style Tarator Dip goes well with mussels and fried fish as well as vegetables.
Article Categories:Side Dishes