How to make easy homemade Orange Jam!
- 3 Normal size oranges
- 3 Cups Water
- 2 or 3 Cups Granulated Sugar
- Full Article and recipe: breadvesalt.blogspot.com
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on the work surface. Firstly, wash your oranges well. Then, grate your oranges' skin with the vegetable peeler (don't let to orange color disappears on oranges). We mean that; remove wide strips of zest from the oranges with a vegetable peeler (but do not remove the pith). Then, take your skinless of oranges set aside.
- 2- Then, put your three skinless oranges in a stainless steel saucepan with the water. And bring to boil. This process takes 5-6 minutes. Then, wash them with the cold water and cut them into small pieces (triangle shape) and removing the seeds and keep it aside in a large bowl.
- 3- Then, place in a stainless steel saucepan with the sugar, lemon juice (or lemon salt) and 500 or 600 ml water. Bring to the boil, and stir until the sugar dissolves (melts). Then add your chopped oranges in the jam syrup. Couple of minutes later add 1/2 or 1 teaspoon butter in it and mix all of them well.
- 4- Then, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 50-60 minutes. Please watch out! Don't stir the mixture too much. Just do it occasionally. If do it often, your oranges may smash.
- 3- Then using a spoon (woodenspoon is better), remove a portion of the jam mixture and pour a little onto a cold plate. Allow your jam portion to cool, then check for consistency (When you run your finger through the jam, it should leave a trail in the jam. It is done! If it doesn't, cook the jam mixture a little longer.
- 4- Now your orange jam is ready. And pour the hot jam into sterilised glass jars.
Article Tags:jam · orange jam
Article Categories:Jam and Jelly