Apple DessertPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 9 -10
- 5 Sweet Apples
- 10 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon or 1 stick of cinnamon (we used 1 teaspoon of cinnamon for this dessert),
- 7-8 Cloves for filling
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla (nearly 10 gr),
- 2 Cups of cherry juice
- Clotted cream to serve for this dessert: We used Turkish thick cream / Kaymak, but if you want, you can use ice-cream or whipped cream,
- 1/2 or 1 Teaspoon of crushed walnuts for each serving plate
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on the work surface. Then, wash and cut the apples in half, from top to bottom. Scoop out the core and peel the skin of the apple halves and set them aside.
- 2- Then place the apple halves (in a way that the hollow side faces upwards) into a pot large enough to have all the apples in at a level and not one on top of the other.
- 3- Then mix your granulated sugar and vanilla in a bowl and fill the holes with the sugar and vanilla mixture, a pinch of cinnamon and couple of cloves.
- 4- Then pour the cherry juice to the pan and start cooking over medium heat, lower the heat if it gets too bubbly. Simmer gently for about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, turn around the apples to make sure all sides turn red or reddish. Then remove from heat – when whichever is first, you see the apples are getting to soft and crumbling or when the time is up.
- 5- Then, leave the cooked apples cool in the pan. Once your dessert cool, discard the cloves and take out the apples and put into a serving plate with a dollop of clotted cream over the top (Also serving with a tablespoon of ice cream will be a good option). Then sprinkle some crushed walnuts over and serve. (This delicious apple dessert keeps well in the refrigerator for a good 3-4 days).