Fig dessertPrint Pin Rate
- For Cake;
- 7-8 Dried Figs choped small cube size,
- 2 or 3 Eggs
- 1 Water-Glass of granulated sugar
- 1 Water-Glass of all purpose white flour
- 1 Pack of baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Cup of walnut very finelly chopped,
- For Milk Pudding;
- 1 kg Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons of all purpose white flour
- 5-6 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of butter
- 1 Pack of whipped cream powder
- 1 Pack of vanilla extract
- For Syrup Sherbet;
- 1 Tablespoon Turkish Coffee powder coffee, (or if you want, you can use cocoa instead of coffee),
- 1/2 or 1 Glass of granulated sugar
- 1 Water Glass of water
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons coconut powder
- 1 or 2 Turkish Coffee or if you want, you can use cocoa instead of coffee,
- 1/2 Cup of chopped walnut (it is optional, in this recipe, we just used chopped walnut for mixture of the cake),
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your work surface. Then, place the dried figs in a small saucepan, and add water, then, set aside for 10 minutes to macerate. After that, simmer for 7-10 minutes until they are softened. Set aside to cool completely. Then, drain and cut off the stalks. After these processes, by the help of knife, cut your figs into small size cubes.
- 2- For preparing milk pudding: place all pudding ingredients (milk, corn starch, flour, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, except whipped cream powder) in a small sauce pan and cook, stirring constantly. When your pudding (mixture) becomes thick and creamy. Your pudding is ready. Then remove it from the heat and set aside. Now, add whipped cream powder and stir for about couple of minutes. After these processes, pour your milk pudding in a small bowl, and let it cool down with plastic cover on it.
- 3- For baking cake: firstly, cream together eggs and sugar until they turn to white and frothy. Then, add the flour and baking powder and whisk. Then, add your all small cubes of figs, very finely chopped walnuts and cinnamon and stir until you get a smooth batter. Then, pour into a greased cake-pan (30 cm cake-pan) or pour into a oven tray covered with wax paper. Bake at 180°C (350°F) oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake and comes out clean. Then, remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- 5- For preparing Syrup (Sherbet): at the same time, you should prepare the syrup of cake. So, put all the ingredients (1 Tablespoon Turkish Coffee or cocoa, 1/2 or 1 glass of granulated sugar and 1 Water Glass of water,) for the syrup (sherbet) in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to boil. When it boiling, let it continue to boil for 6 more minutes. Your shrup should not be as smooth as water and it should not be as solid as jam. It should be a sticky sweet. And then, put aside and let your syrup cool down. Then, pour liquid mixture of syrup (sherbet) over the cake and set to rest for a while for absorbing the syrup (don't pour too much syrup).
- 4- Then, flatten the top of the cake by using an knife and then pour your warm milk pudding onto cake and spread the surface of cake. Then, set aside to cool completely.
- 5- Before the serve, mix the coconut powder and Turkish Coffee (cocoa) well and sprinkle over the dessert. It is done. You can serve.