Lentil ballsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Cups red lentils
- 2,5 or 3 Cups water
- 1 Cup fine cracked wheat Bulgur,
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 Normal size onion finely chopped,
- 2 Garlic cloves finely diced
- 1/2 or 1 Bunch of Parsley finely chopped,
- 1 Teaspoon Red flakes pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste and Pepper paste (if you want, you can use one öf them. In this recipe, we used both of them),
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Juice of half or 1 Lemon it depends on how you like it; sour or not so sour,
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- A curly leaf lettuce
- 1- First of put all your ingredients on your work surface, then wash your lentils and boil them on medium heat in 2 cups of water until the water is almost gone. Then, add cracked wheat (bulgu) and salt and mix well, then cover, allowing it to absorb the remaining water.
- 2- Then, heat olive oil with cumin, red flakes pepper, ground black pepperin in a pan and add the onion and cook until soft. Then, add tomato paste and pepper paste cook for another 2-3 minutes, and stir mixture until you turn it off. After that, add this mixture to the lentils which should be cool by now.
- 3- Then, add lemon juice and finely chopped parsley to the lentils. Mix all of them well.
- 4- Well done, your patties mixture is ready: Just take walnut size (or egg size) pieces and give them pattie (köfte) shape in your hands. Keep alittle cup of water close by to wet your hands frequently during this process since the red lentil pattie (köfte) mixture will get stuck on your hands.
- 5- After forming your patties and place them on freshly washed lettuce leaves to serve. Thé Patties can be rolled into the leaves and eat.
Article Categories:Side Dishes