LemonadePrint Pin Rate
- 3 Fresh Lemons washed very well,
- 1 Fresh Oranges washed very well, (if you want, you can use freezed oranges),
- 2 or 3 Leaves of fresh mint (it is optional),
- 1 Cup nearly 200 gr Granulated sugar,
- Nearly 1.5 or 2 litres water
- 1- First of all wash all your lemons and oranges thoroughly with soap or vinegar, and warm water very well. Then, grate your lemons and oranges' skin into a large plastic bowl (like in the image below). We mean that; remove wide strips of zest from 3 lemons and an orange with a vegetable peeler (do not remove the pith). Take your skinless of lemons and oranges set aside.
- 2- Then pour your 1 cup of granulated sugar (200 gr sugar) in to bowl. Mix lemons and oranges zest with sugar very well. Knead by your hands the mixture of lemons and oranges zest with sugar until they mix well eachothers (if you want you can use blender machine for this process).
- 3- Then, take the skinless lemons and oranges and cut them into small size cubes. And then, pour them into mixture and add couple of leaves of fresh mint into mixture. And, again knead by your hands the mixture until they mix well eachothers. The mixture should be slightly foamy with a whitish color.
- 4- Then, add 1.5 to 2 litres of water depending on the strength you like. After these processes, leave to rest 5-10 minutes then strain through some muslin or fine filter. Squeeze out the remnants and discard. Pour into Bottles or Glass pitcher and place in freezer for a while. Then, pour in the lemonade in glasses! Garnish each glass with a leaf of fresh mint.
Article Tags:lemonade · vegan beverage