Kayseri LubricationPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 -8
- For Flatbread/Lavas;
- 3/4 cups warm water
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 3-4 Cups flour
- 1 Teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 or 1 Teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 or 1 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoobs vegetable oil.
- For Ground Beef Sauce;
- 500 gr ground beef (Or lamb, mutton),
- 1 Normal size onion chopped,
- 1 or 2 green peppers chopped,
- 3 Tomatoes chopped,
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste or pepper paste (in this recipe, we used tomato paste),
- 5-6 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon Red flakes pepper
- A pinch of Salt ground black pepper and cumin,
- 1.5 cups of boiling water.
For the preparation of dough:
- First of all, put your all ingredients (all purpise flour, warm water, warm milk, instant yeast, salt, sugar and vegetable oil) on your work surface. Then, In a deep and large bowl, combine your all purpose flour (firstly, add half of the flour part by part), instant yeast, warm water, warm milk, sugar and salt. With a spatula or wood spoon, mix ingredients of dough and stir until a dough forms (or Use your hands to gently form a dough, which is sticky at this point) Add flour and mix or knead until you reach a smooth dough, Then cover the dough with a foil or plastic wrap, and leave it to rest for 30-40 minutes.
For the Preparation of Ground Beef Sauce:
- In the meantime prepare the ground beef sauce; firstly, take a large and deep pan and heat the vegetable oil in a large pan. Then, add into the ground beef and cook until its colour changes, then add onions and green peppers and sautee until tender. Add tomato paste (or pepper paste) and sautee until smells good. Then, add your chopped tomatoes and cook for another few minutes. And add the water, cover the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes. Lastly Add salt and spices (Red flakes pepper, ground black pepper, cumin and salt) stir and remove from heat.
- Now, mix or knead the dough again and divide your dough into small 10-12 balls and dust each ball generously with flour. Then, use a rolling pin to flatten each ball up (roll them out into a disc about: 23-24 cm. disc / nearly 9,5 inch disc and 3,20-6,35 mm thick / nearly 0,12-0,25 inch thick). Then, heat up a skillet to medium-high heat and place the rolled out your dough onto the dry pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes until brown spots form, flip, and heat for another 3-4 minutes until brown spots form. That's it.
- After these processes, if your ground beef sauce is cold, heat the ground beef sauce again for a few minutes. Then, put one flatbread (lavas) into a plate, then pour and spread some ground beef sauce over and put another flatbread (lavas). Pour and spread some more ground beef sauce and put another lavas. Repeat the process for the remaining lavas and sauce,
- Serve hot with garlic yogurt or plain yogurt (We generally serve it with plain yogurt).
Article Categories:Main Dishes