Nonvegan soupPrint Pin Rate
- 1 kg of Beef Tripe very clean washed,
- 4-5 Cups of water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Garlic-vinegar mixture sauce,
- 7-8 Cloves garlic smashed,
- 1/4 Cup of vinegar
For Seasoned Sauce (Terbiyeli Sos):
- 2 Eggs yolks
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons thick yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon butter (or extra virgin olive oil, or both of them),
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your kitchen container. You should wash your tripe well. Then, cook the tripe with water and salt for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until tender. If you like, you may use a pressure cooker so that it cooks faster (we used pressure cooker and it took 40-45 minutes). Then, remove the foam from the surface and take the cooked tripe out of the water (but reserve the water) and cut it into bite-size chunks (small cubes) and set aside.
- 2- For Seasoned Sauce: melt your butter, olive oil and add the al purpose flour, stir, and slowly add about 2 or 3 cups of broth, stirring constantly (you should stir constantly, not stop). Mix all to smooth no lump or blend until smooth; then add bite size chunks tripe into mixture. And cook 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat. Then, slowly pour the egg yolk and alittle flour, garlic-vinegar (mixture) sauce, lemon juice and thick yogurt into the pot while stirring very slowly. Cook mixture of soup for 3-4 more minutes over medium heat. If it is too thick, add a little bit boiled water. Now your soup is ready to serve.
- 3- For Serve: melt the butter (or extra virgin olive oil) in a small pan or pot until melted and bubbling (or hot, in the case of the oil). Then add red pepper flakes and stir for a while (2-3 minutes). Then, take off the heat.
- 4- Then, pour the soup into bowls and then drizzling the butter and red flakes sauce over the soup.
- 5- Serve the soup warm.
Article Tags:soup · tripe soup
Article Categories:Soups, Stews