breadvesalt.blogspot.com/2021/03/hunters-pastry-recipe.html#morePrint Pin Rate
- 6 pieces of dough sheets (in this recipe we used Turkish Yufka: Yufka is thicker than the phyllo, Forexample 1 yufka = nearly 5 sheets of phyllo),
- 300 gr Ground beef (if you want, you can use lamb or others),
- 1 or 2 Normal size onion choped,
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 Cup fine cracked wheat Bulgur, (nearly 60 gr fine bulgur),
- A Handful walnuts roughly chopped, (nearly 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts),
- 1/2 Bunch of parsley chopped,
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt red pepper flakes and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup water (nearly 200 ml),
- 1 cup of vegetable oil (nearly 200 ml),
- 1 Egg (beaten),
- 1 Cup crumble bread bread crumbs
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your kitchen container. For filling, stir fry the chopped walnuts with a little olive oil and vegetable oil for a while (2-3 minutes). Then, add ground meat and onion and continue to frying until their colour changes. (In the meantime, you can add some more oil, if needed).
- 2- Meanwhile, dip the fine cracked wheat (bulgur) with hot water, make sure the water level is 1cm (nearly 0,5 inch) above the cracked wheat. Once you have fried the mixture of ground meat, onion and walnuts, add the wetted bulgur, chopped parsley, salt and spices (ground black pepper and red pepper flakes) and keep stirring for another 1-2 minutes, then turn off the heat and set aside. (If you wish, you can add some tomato paste in the stuffing with ground meat).
- 3- For stuffing: mix the water and vegetable oil. Then, spread a dough sheet and run it all over with this mixture. Then, put a second dough sheet over it. Put more mixture again and cut the dough sheet into 8 equal parts. Then, place some ground meat and walnuts mixture along sides and fold the edges over. Then, roll it over. Follow the same procedures for the other four dough sheets.
- 4- For Topping: crack an egg into the mixture of water and oil and whisk it. And place bread crumbs in another plate. Then, dip the pastries into this liquid mixture first, then into the bread crumbs; then put them on the baking sheet. Bake until golden brown in the oven preheated to 190°C (nearly 375°F).
- 5- Serve Hunters Byrek (Avcı böreği) while they are hot.