Leek & Cheese Tart Recipe!
How to Make Leek & Cheese Tart (Pırasalı Kiş)!Print Pin Rate
- For Tart Dough;
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower oil (or canola oil),
- 1 Tablespoon butter (for grasing tart tin or baking tray),
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder (nearly 10 gr),
- For Leeks Mixture Filling;
- 3-4 Branches Leeks (Clean and trim leeks),
- 1 Egg
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil (if you want you can use sunflower oil or canola oil),
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Cup Whipping cream (nearly 200 ml),
- 1 Cup crumbled white cheese/ feta cheese (if you want, you can use cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese or goat cheese),
- For Topping;
- 1/2 Cup grated pale yellow cheese (or cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese),
- 1- First of all, put your all ingredients on your kitchen container. Then first process is preparing the filling (leek, egg and whipping cream mixture); Slice the leeks into rounds about 1/2 cm thick and clean in cold water and drain in a colander. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or saute pan and then add the leeks, salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and cook gently until they are soft but not coloured (checking on it every few minutes to stir and make sure it doesn’t catch). Then remove it from the heat and let it rest for cooling (for about 10-15 minutes). After it cools, add egg, crumbled feta cheese and whipped cream into mixture and mix all of them well and set aside.
- 2- For tart's dough; in a medium bowl, combine your all purpose flour, water, yogurt and salt. With a spatula or wood spoon, mix ingredients and stir until a dough forms (or use your hands to gently form a dough, which is sticky at this point). Then let it to rest for a while (10-15 minutes). Meanwhile, grease your tart tin (or baking tray) with butter. Then roll out the pastry thinly in a circle and line the tart tin (or baking tray). Trim the dough around the edge of the tin but leave enough to allow for a little shrinkage. Don't forget to poke holes with a fork. So that your tart doesn’t over swell.
- 3- Then pour the leeks, egg and cream mixture over the tart's dough and then preheat your oven to 180°C (356°F) and bake it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown and remove it from the oven. Finally place your grated pale yellow cheese on top of tart and rebake it in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until pale yellow cheese melts.
- 4- Serve the Leek & Cheese Tart warm or cold with the salad. It is really perfect for lunch, supper or serve as a dinner party appetiser.